Wednesday, May 31, 2006

BackTrack v1.0 Final Release

Just to pretend like I have something updated in my blog, BackTrack - one of the coolest Cyber Security LiveCD unleashed. I'm currently downloading it and hopefully I can spend some times to play with it. You can find the BackTrack info here.

The LiveCDs that worth to be kept in my pocket are Helix and BackTrack at the moment since both LiveCDs are the quickies for me when I need to use the related tool. Maybe there are other alternatives out there but then I have no time to try out so many distros for current moment.

That's all for now .....

- Peace -

5 comments:

Shirkdog said...

There is...
http://www.securedvd.org/

C.S.Lee said...

shirkdog,

Thanks dude, that is real neat with single dvd having everything running :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah backtrack looks good. I checked it out last week and running it on top of qemu. I also found and downloaded mpentoo - pen-test live cd based on gentoo. Its good to have a few alternatives around :-)

Anonymous said...

Had to do some pkg work to get all the scapy extensions and features working though. Totally worth it. geek00l your scapy coverage is appreciated :-)

C.S.Lee said...

Adli,

Haven't tried out mpentoo, and you gentoo user :P

tebodell,

No problem, have fun with scapy :]