Tuesday, January 03, 2006

OpenBSD OpenOffice-2.0

Finally I have OpenOffice 2.0 working on OpenBSD, nothing impressive but I'm happy with it since I can use OpenBSD as my workstation when everything I need is there and OO is one of that. You can find how to install OpenOffice on OpenBSD here. Below are the three screenshots that I have and I'm currently running OpenBSD Current.

OpenOffice 2.0 launching ...

OpenOffice Presentation


You may need to install Java Runtime Environment(JRE) or else it will keep saying can't find JRE. You can install it via /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.4, remember don't install 1.5 since it doesn't has the plugin for firefox where you need it. You may have to download the jdk source manually and put it in /usr/ports/distfiles/. You can refer to /usr/ports/devel/jdk/1.4/distinfo to know what you should download manually.

After finish the installation of jdk, you have to configure the JRE for OO manually, launch soffice and go to Tools->Options->Java->check on Use a Java runtime environment, then Add /usr/local/jdk-1.4.2/jre and you are done after restarting soffice.

Enjoy :]

No comments: