Thursday, March 23, 2006

Flowgrep on CentOS-4.2

Previously I have flowgrep installed on my CentOS 4.2 and I have forgotten how I get it to work and now I try to revisit it again and noted it down so that I have my memory slots for other stuffs instead of remembering how to get flowgrep installed on CentOS. Here's how I get it done ...

At first I download all the files from here. Then just go normal rpm install,

shell>rpm -Uvh libnet-1.0.2-2.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm

shell>rpm -Uvh python-nids-0.5-2.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm

shell>rpm -Uvh flowgrep-0.8-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm

Since I have libpcap install previously, that's why I don't need to install it here.

Cheers :]

P/S: I would like to blog about the recent incident handling but it seems blogspot keeps killing me from posting screenshot so I might do it later, stay tuned ...

No comments: